Monday, September 10, 2012

This and that

I finally took a photo of one of the other family members , Guido. He is 42 years old and has his own locksmith and key making business. I wondered how much need there might be for that in such a small town but I got my answer yesterday. He already works six days a week. Yesterday morning (Sunday) while we were having breakfast, his cell phone rang. Apparently someone was asking for his services on Sunday. He told them he would come on Sunday afternoon. After he left, another man came to the door asking if he could help him too. Apparently , locksmithing is good business here!




I also took a photo of the shower system here. They call them “suicide” showers. You can see from the wires wrapped around the shower head (I have no idea how that really works) it is best to shower carefully and NEVER TOUCH THE SHOWER HEAD or WIRES or PIPE. There really isn’t anything resembling warm water here anyway….but it sure feels GREAT after a hot, muggy day.




The only AIR CONDITIONING I have here is pictured below. God bless whoever invented fans.




I did make some pics of the broken pavements which are everywhere. I am being REALLY careful as I walk around. Two left feet are not welcome right now…





Today I stopped in at a small market nearby. That water could not have tasted better and it was ice cold!






And the last picture is a good representation of how I spent most of my week end…



No comments:

Post a Comment